I have done it again. In order to work on a particular project, I have been sidetracked into writing a utility to help me continue with what I am actually trying to do. In my defense, I did look around the net for an application that would do what I needed so I didn’t have to write it, but no application seemed appropriate.
In essence, I need an application to resolve all the links internal to a website and check their status. This will give me an initial view of the state of the site. I then want to take all of those links and replay the analysis of those resolved links using a different base address. The reason I am doing this is because I am looking at migrating my Community Server based blog to use BlogEngine.Net instead. As part of that migration, I want to maintain as much of the Community Server url formats as possible so I don’t lose my existing audience.