Yesterday, I posted about how being good with patches didn't go my way. The result was that my site was not available for a day or so. This little tidbit of info caught the attention of the Community Server daily newsletter. I can't figure if this makes them look bad or me (hopefully neither).
I didn't actually give any information about why the site was down for so long. The answer is that I didn't have the time to fix up the issues and errors on my server, such as application startup errors, have a habit of resolving themselves reasonably quickly. As for specific errors, I did get an exception for the constructor of Qgyen.ExtendedUrlMapping, but it was probably a combination of problems that were in play. I got the unpatched site back up and running by refreshing the web.config and then uploading all the original assemblies again.
To prove to myself that I am not a complete gumby, I have just successfully applied the patch to the site. There were a few errors starting the application again, but it all seems to be humming along nicely now. BTW Geoff, I got mine done in 3 minutes. [:P]
On a side note, I was having a look through the exceptions report. I came across this one:
User Agent: msnbot/0.9 (+http://search.msn.com/msnbot.htm)
Path: /user/EmailForgottenPassword.aspx as HTTP GET
Message Request timed out.
System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.
What a shame, a bot couldn't get to the forgotten password page. To bad...