These are the development tools that I use. I will skip the obvious applications (which are typically the ones you pay for).
- Reflector - Assembly browser and de-compiler for .NET components
- NDoc - Creates help documentation from XML comments
- Dependency Walker - Finds dependencies (great for non .Net app development)
- Process Explorer - Process management utility
- Resource Hacker - Great for modifying existing dll resources
- SQL Scripter - Generates scripts of an existing SQL Server database
- NSIS - Scriptable installer
- Reflector addins - a list of addins for Reflector
- GhostDoc - XML comment generator
- CopySourceAsHtml - Converts source code to HTML.
- PInvoke.Net - Converting API calls to managed methods
Written on November 14, 2005